We are receiving information that schools are receiving phone calls that are implying that there is an active shooter in the school building. The information I have received is that these messages are pre- recorded. I have met with law enforcement and all building administrators were briefed today about this issue. We are informing our staffs and secretaries to be vigilant in our duties to students.
As a parent, if you hear anything that may help us make certain all students continue to be safe in our school district, please let your administrator know or contact the district office at 267-3146.
END OF THE YEAR ACTIVITIES
AT MT HALL SCHOOL
· May 7: Kindergarten Tea Party with moms
· May 13: 5th Grade—Move-Up Day
· May 13: 4th grade Field Trip to Boundary County Museum
· May 18: BFHS Band Assembly in the gym 10:30-11:05
· May 19: 4th grade Field Trip to various farms
· May 21: 3rd Grade Field Trip to Wildlife Refuge
5th Grade Field Trip to Valley View for Music Festival
Jog-a-thon @ 2:30
Book Exchange—Details forthcoming
· May 25: NO SCHOOL—Memorial Day
· May 28: Talent Show & Citizen of the Month—Details forthcoming
· June 4: Last Day of School—Bring a Sack Lunch
“Wildcat of the Year” Assembly Details to Follow
Early Release at 12:20 p.m.
KIDS NEED TO BRING
ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Thanks from the Office:
It never ceases to amaze me to see how our community comes together to help those that are going through difficult times. In the last few months I have witnessed the generosity of our Mt. Hall families as you’ve donated towards:
· A park bench in memory of Hallie Olson. For those of you that are wondering, this bench is currently being designed by Idaho Granite Works, and we hope to have it installed before our jog-a-thon.
· Over 600 items for our Food Drive that was delivered to the Mt. Hall Food Bank in February.
· Baked goods and bids for the Henslee auction, whose house recently burned down. We will be delivering $1,247.50 to them this week because of your giving.
I am so proud to be part of such a caring community!
From the Principal's Desk
As the school year is quickly coming to a close I would like to wish all the students and families a wonderful summer. We want to encourage you to read with your students and have some family fun. It has been another great year at Mt. Hall School due to wonderful students and staff. Thank you to all our many volunteers and the time and energy you sacrifice for our school! We could not do it without you.
3rd grade wins Dr. Seuss Door Contest
On March 2, Mt. Hall celebrated Dr. Seuss day. We had an assembly in the gym where Mr. Morton, our school principal, read Fox in Socks to the school. Then we had community members read different books to groups of kids. Thank you to: John Tucker and Manny Figueroa from Border Patrol, Donovan Delude from U.S. Customs, Chief Deputy Stevens from the Sherriff's department, Kathryn Ray from Hall Mountain Fire Department, and Talina Richards from Fish and Wildlife. Our local school board member, Ron MacDonald, was the judge for our door contest. They are pictured here with the third grade class.
Mt. Hall School's Dr. Seuss Door Contest
Mt. Hall Coin Drive
Our Mt. Hall coin drive to raise funds added $452 to the money raised for Hallie Olsen Myers bench. Look for more information about the bench as Spring approaches. Thank you to all students and parents who contributed!
Citizens of the Month
Around the School
Thank you Hall Mountain Volunteer Fire Station
CLICK LOGO TO BE DIRECTED TO WEBSITE.
INSTRUCTIONS: Scroll toward the bottom and find the link that says, Practice Test Portal, under the heading, Resources and Support. Then click on the green box with the bicycle at the bottom of that page. Login as "Guest" using the pre-filled fields.
Janet Gause is the February Certified Employee of the Month
February, Certified Employee of the Month – Janet Gause
A long-time resident of Boundary County (37 years!) Mrs. Gause has worked for the Boundary County School District since 1992, and has spent ...more